CE Marking Certification
CE Marking Certification
The letters "CE" are the acronym of French phrase "Conformité Européene" which literally means "European Conformity" . By affixing the CE Marking, the manufacturer, or its representative, or the importer assures that the item meets all the essential requirements of all applicable EU directives. As a Worldwide Authorized Independent Agency, We offers conformity assistance with Construction Products, Containers, Cranes, Electrical Products and Components, Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), Lifts, Marine Equipment, Materials, Mechanical Products, Process Machines, Pressure equipment, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Telecom, Toys and Wood. Where products are subject to several directives, which all provide for the affixing of the CE marking, the marking indicates that the products are presumed to conform to the provisions of all these directives.
Key Benefits of CE Marking Certification
- Access the world’s second-largest importer (and largest exporter)
- It is mandatory to understand your obligations and demonstrate compliance
- Working with a Compliance Provider from project concept helps reduce project life cycle timescales and budget
- Combining CE marking with other certifications such as CB Scheme, USA/Canada Safety Certification, CCC, GOST-R, ROHS etc…can further reduce timescales and costs
Our Approach of CE Marking
One of the best ways to achieve the success of a new product is to give it the best possible start, with care and attention at every stage. At TCS UK, we can assist with the entire life cycle of a product from design and development, supply and production, distribution and delivery, to retail distribution and even final dismantling or destruction.
Complying with CE Marking is a critical issue when looking to launch your product on the global marketplace. Understanding the myriad of regulations that affect your product in your target market is a key to success. Our assessment process begins with the understanding of where the product(s) is to be marketed, who will use the product, what are your quality expectations?
The responses help us identify the regulatory barriers, directives, standards, conformity assessment route option, etc...And to develop a rationalized compliance plan for your product range with your target markets within, as well as outside, the EU
Scope of Directives CE Marking
- Medical Device Directive – 93/42/EEC
- Low Voltage Device Directive – 2006/95/EC
- Machinery Directive – 2006/42/EC
- Construction Product Regulation – (EU) 305/2011
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive – 2004/108/EC
- Pressure Equipment Directive – 97/23/EC
- Simple pressure vessels Directive - 87/404/EEC
- Personal Protective Equipment Directive - 89/686/EEC